Competition rules: April/May 2019
This competition is brought to you by Somerset Day CIC and Thatchers Cider.
This competition is brought to you by Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or to win the Competition and any purchase made will not increase the chance of winning.
- This Competition will run for the “Competition Period” which shall be from 11:00GMT on the 11th May 2019 until 17:00GMT the same day unless the Winner’s Prize has been won before this time, in which case the competition will finish when the winner receives the Winner’s Prize (the “Closing Time”). The Closing Time will be announced on Somerset Day Community Interest Company’s social media channels. By entering this Competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions (“T&Cs”). The details of the Competition form part of these T&Cs. You should print and retain a copy of these T&Cs for reference. Any breach of these T&Cs may result in a prize being forfeited, at Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider’s sole discretion.
- To participate in this Competition, entrants must not be Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider employees or board members, or Evosite employees and must meet the following requirements (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- reside in the United Kingdom; and
- be at least 18 years of age or older with valid proof of age and identity
- Entrants are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at the entrant’s own risk and Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider are not liable.
How to Enter
- To enter, participants need to collect a series of clues hidden around Wells city centre during the Competition Period. These clues form a code. Once all the clues have been found, the full code needs to be entered online here: https://thehunt.thatcherscider.co.uk/ to find out the Winner’s Prize location. The first participant to this location during the Competition Period and who meets the Eligibility Criteria (“Entrant”) wins the Winner’s Prize (entries will not be deemed complete unless the above steps are completed).
- The Competition must be entered in the Entrant’s own full name and must have proof of age and identity to win. The Competition may not be entered on behalf of anyone else.
- If a false name is used, that Entry will be disqualified.
- Only entries that have been completed in full with the correct ‘Entry’ will qualify to win the competition. Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider does not accept any responsibility for damaged entries and cannot be held responsible for any inability to submit entries as a result of computer service, systems and/or server failure, error, interruption, defect or delay or any other technical malfunction.
- The name that is entered into the code validation form will be kept securely to identify the winner and is stored on a secure server until the Prizes are exchanged. After this time the information will be deleted within 30 days.
- The Winner (as defined below) will be the first person who enters the code online and arrives to collect the Winner’s Prize at the Winner’s Prize location. If more than one entrant arrives at the Winner’s Prize location at the same time, time logging information on the successful code entry will be used to determine the winner.
- There will be one winner only during the Competition Period (the “Winner”). The UK based Winner will win (The Winner’s Prize):
- Thatchers bottles
- Gold (x8)
- Haze (x8)
- Rascal (x8)
- Rosé (x8)
- Katy (x8)
- Vintage (x8)
- Tour Voucher (x4 people)
- Voucher for £20 off at the Railway Inn (can also be used at Thatchers Cider Shop)
- Thatchers branded T-Shirts (x2)
- Thatchers bottles
- 60 runners up who meet the Eligibility Criteria will receive a voucher for a free pint at The Globe Inn, Wells which can only be redeemed on 11/05/19.
- The Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. If the Prizes are no longer available due to circumstances beyond Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider’s control, a prize of equal or greater value will be provided. The Prizes are only redeemable by the named Winner or runners up. The Prizes must not be sold on.
- The Winner accepts responsibility to take the Winner’s Prize home themselves and understands the Winner’s Prize will be heavy. There is no delivery option.
Contacting The Winner
- Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider are not responsible for contacting the Winner. It is the Winner’s responsibility to turn up to collect the Winner’s Prize.
- The Winner’s Prize will be handed to the Winner immediately.
Limitations of Liability
- Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider reserve the right to withdraw, change or cancel the Competition at any time. Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider’s decision in all matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prizes must be taken as stated and unless otherwise specified cannot be deferred. There will be no cash or other alternative offered. Once a Prize has been allocated it cannot be transferred.
- Both Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider and Thatchers Cider including their officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and partners, exclude all liability for any losses, injuries and/or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
- In consideration of being awarded the Winner’s Prize, if you are the Winner, you may be required by Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider to take part in publicity related to the subject of the Competition, and you now confirm that if you are the Winner, you will take part in such publicity. Such publicity may include, without limitation, use of your name, photograph (to be provided on request) and statements made you concerning the Competition and/or the Winner’s Prize. You now provide Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider with a right and licence to use the entry on the Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider website, and throughout Somerset Day Community Interest Company and Thatchers Cider’ social media channels.
- All Entrants’ details will be used in relation to the administration of this Competition and, if you are a Winner, the giving of the Winner’s Prize.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.